Super blood wolf moon

   
Yesterday I burned things.   
   
I burned Amazon boxes.   
   
I burned paperwork.    
   
I burned frozen    
  
 
wood that turned   
  
 
black and rolled with    
   
smoke.   
   
  
 
It was below zero    
   
and I was wearing thin shoes   
   
but the heat lifted me and   
   
   
I could look down on the   
   
cold.   
   
  
 
I drank black coffee by   
   
the fire in a thin sweatshirt   
   
and poked at big bricks of   
   
credit card statements,   
   
peeling back the leaves    
   
to expose their untouched   
   
yellow hearts to the fire.   
   
  
I burned flyers and coupons,   
   
I burned grocery bags.   
  
   
I was in one of my phases -  
   
    
where the black drink    
   
and the   
   
unnatural smell   
  
 
of paper;   
   
the coughing and the 
   
black fingers;   
   
where I sucked   
   
it all in    
   
like a Lucky Strike.   
   
   
I didn’t know   
  
that  
  
  
later that night   
   
   
the moon would look   
  
 
smudged and  broken-nosed   
   
   
that it, too  
 
 
would become a  
 
 
fire pit    
   

for the sky